Better Hearing and Speech Month has arrived! We at ESHC want to remind you to be vigilant about your hearing health this month (and the rest of the year, too). Hearing loss can impact us at any age, so it is essential that we all know some red flags for our hearing ability. AARP’s Ginny Graves wrote an article called “10 Signs of Hearing Loss” that helpfully outlines what to watch out for:
- You get irritated at others for mumbling.
- You’re having trouble following conversations.
- Talking on the phone is more challenging.
- Some sounds seem louder than usual.
- It’s harder to carry on a conversation in a crowded room.
- Everyone is telling you to turn down the TV.
- You feel like you’re getting clumsier.
- You don’t remember things people tell you.
- You don’t get jokes like you used to.
- You get distracted more easily.
If you feel that your hearing has gotten worse, ESHC is here to support you! Please make an appointment for an evaluation or updated hearing test so that we can help you track your hearing ability.
Graves elaborates on each of the signs above, so check out the full article here for more info.