Regular maintenance can help keep them in great working condition, but once in a while, they may need servicing or repair. Evergreen Speech and Hearing Clinic can help. Financing options may be available for your hearing aid repair service if they are not covered by your provider or warranty. If you have tried the troubleshooting tips below and still can’t get your hearing aids to work properly, please contact us to schedule an evaluation.
Troubleshooting Your Hearing Aids
If your hearing aids aren’t working properly, try the following techniques for a quick fix.
- If there is no sound:
- Make sure the battery is inserted correctly.
- Replace the battery if you suspect it is dead or weak.
- Remove excess earwax from earmold or replace wax guard.
- Check tubing for wax buildup or moisture; clean with blower tool.
- Make sure hearing aid isn’t accidentally set to telecoil mode.
- If you are experiencing feedback or whistling:
- Remove and reinsert your hearing aids.
- Turn down the volume.
- Make sure there is nothing blocking or covering your hearing aids.
- Have your doctor check your ears for excess wax and remove if necessary.
- If the sound is weak or distorted:
- The battery may be dead or weak; replace it.
- Open the battery compartment and clean the contacts with a dry cloth.
- Clean the earmold or tubing with wax removal tools; replace wax guard.
Call Evergreen Speech and Hearing Clinic at (425) 454-1883 for more information or to schedule an appointment.