As we close out this amazing year, we would like to highlight one individual for her many years with us. GE has given Evergreen Speech and Hearing Clinic 17 wonderful years of devoted work, and now she is on to a new and exciting chapter of her life!
When we asked GE to think about her time here, she had so many fun memories to reflect on. Here are some of her favorites:
- Working with our wonderful reoccurring hearing instrument patients and building lasting rapport with them
- Racing Ruth to be the first to wish each other “Happy Friday!” and texting her every Friday, even when on vacation, to have a “Happy Friday!”
- Sending out Morning Minders to keep everyone up to date on meetings and all the happenings in the clinic
Getting to drive Mustang Sally during Derby Days to represent ESHC
Participating in Seahawks Blue Fridays and proudly representing them at work
- Celebrating birthdays and anniversary celebrations for all
- Being part of holiday season surprise celebrations, especially the scavenger hunt to the Speak Easy in downtown Seattle in a chartered bus
- Getting to know all the first-class people she’s worked with here!
After 17 incredible years with ESHC, GE has some advice for our staff: First, always remember that first impressions are lasting impressions, whether in person or over the phone! And second, remember you are part of an exceptional network of magical teammates full of knowledge and support! Thank you, GE, for your words of wisdom!
As she looks forward to retirement, GE has many plans and ideas for herself and her family. She’s excited to travel, as she hasn’t done much of it except for her trip to Africa in 2021 with her daughter, Jessica. Other ideas include playing her guitar and keyboard, learning to be competitive in billiards (she just bought a new Seahawks cue stick), gardening and growing tomatoes and strawberries again! The most important item on GE’s list is focusing on family—she has plans to move closer to her loved ones to spend more time and the holidays with them!
Wow, what amazing memories to reflect on and so many new memories to make! Everyone at EHSC would like to thank GE for her dedication to the clinic; we wouldn’t be where we are today without her. We wish GE the best in her retirement.