We’ve recently been working with the Hearing Loss Association of Bellevue to help spread word of their programming and monthly meetings. The group meets every second Saturday of the month at 1:00pm at The Lake Sammamish Four Square Church, in Room 104. The group seeks to open the world of communication to hearing impaired people by providing information, education, support and advocacy.
This months meeting will be taking place this week (April 10th) and will feature Attorney John Waldo. He will present on his work on access and advocacy issues through the Washington Communication Access Project (Wash-CAP). If you have any questions, or would like more information about the group, please contact Bev Ziarko at 253-631-3141 or email@example.com.
- April 10: Washington Communications Access Project w/ John Waldo, Attorney
- May 15: Beyond Hearing Aidse w/ John Allen, Williams Sound
- June 12: National Parks Services Accessibility Advocacy w/ Bert Lederer, HLA-WA
- July TBD: HLA-WA Picnic
- August 14: No Meeting
- September 11: Let’s Take A Look at the Big Picture w/ Penny Allen, HLA-WA President
- October 9: TBD
- November 13: The Power of Non-verbal Communication w/ Michael A. Bower, BA, ACC
- December 11: Platitudes – Our love/hate relationship with hearing aids (audience interaction!) w/ Bev Ziarko, HLA-WA