Schools (almost) out for summer, and you are probably trying to find ways to fill your child’s summer schedule to enhance learning and have fun! We found an interesting article on summer camps catered to the hard of hearing over on the East coast, and thought we would do some investigating into summer camp offerings for folks up in the Pacific Northwest. We were beyond thrilled to find an abundant amount of camps catering to children with hearing loss!
- Camp “Hands Up” – June 28 – July 1 – Ages 5-18, in Dayton, WA
- Deaf Teen Leadership Camp – June 24-28 – for teenagers, in Randle, WA
- Camp Taloali – multiple sessions throughout the summer – Ages 6-18, in Stayton, OR
- Meadowood Springs Camp – multiple sessions throughout the summer – Ages 5-16, in Pendleton, OR *offers speech and hearing intensive camp sessions
- Northwest Christian Camp for the Deaf – July 22-27 – Ages 3-18, in Rockway, OR
- NAD Youth Leadership Camp – July 23-August 9 – grades 10-12 at camp Taloali in Stayton, OR
If you know of any other camps that cater to children with hearing loss, please contact us and we’ll add it to our list! Have a wonderful, safe and FUN summer!