Here are some more tips to take into consideration in order to protect your hearing. Read the full article “Lessons From Music,” on the University of North Texas online research site.
Tips For Short-Term Prevention of Hearing Loss
- Listen to recorded music at moderate loudness levels.
- Reduce exposure time to sound levels above 85 decibels.
- Reduce repeated or cumulative exposure.
- Protect yourself from exposure to hazardous sound environments.
- Use ear protection in noisy environments.
- Rest the ears between exposures to loud sounds.
Tips For Long-Term Prevention of Hearing Loss
- Get a baseline comprehensive audiological evaluation.
- Follow up with annual checkups.
- Know the symptoms of noise-induced hearing loss:
- Temporary threshold shifts
- Ear discomfort after exposure to loud sounds
- Ringing and buzzing in the ears
- Difficulty hearing in noisy environments