Summer travel is right around the corner, and in order to make the most of your trip it’s important to have your hearing instruments ready and prepared for time away from home. Here are a few tips from our doctors on how to be prepared for travel with a hearing loss.
- Before you embark on your trip, make an appointment for a clean and check appointment. The doctors will be able to fine tune your instruments and have them in their best condition for your trip.
- Bring extra batteries with you!
- Pack a dri-aid kit or a durable container to protect your hearing instruments while on the road.
- If you have a spare set of hearing instruments, bring them along! It’s better to have back-up just in case.
- While traveling, if you are nervous about hearing public announcements (at the airport, on a cruise ship etc.) talk to your audiologist about it beforehand. They can give you listening tips that will help make your travel more successful. Also notifying an agent, or travel guide of your hearing loss can be beneficial.
Most of all, enjoy your trip! If you have any questions or concerns before you travel we’d be more than happy to help. And you can always call or email us if you have any difficulties while on the road.